Responsible for applying makeup and prosthetics to aesthetically enhance celebrities, performers, individuals, entertainers, or for special events such as weddings or dates. Work independently or with a team. May also style hair.
- Apply makeup to clients using a color palette and different tools such as mascara, sponges, eyebrow shapers, lip liners, brushes, and applicators.
- Work with clients to create various looks.
- Work on theatrical productions, movie sets, photography shoots, backstage at concerts, or on television shows.
- Apply makeup for big events including weddings, funerals, holidays, and outings.
- Style hair according to makeup.
- Set makeup with hairspray or other setting material.
- Apply touchups as necessary.
- Remove makeup from clothes if some is transferred.
- Use photographs or models for reference when consulting with clients on ideal look.
- Apply prosthetics on movie sets.
- Read scripts to ascertain the materials and the look required.
- Sketch designs for future looks.
- Purchase cosmetics and applicators from vendors and negotiate prices.
- Ensure makeup looks natural and well-applied under different lighting.
- Match skin color to color palettes to determine best looks.
- Teach makeup application to clients.
- Suggest skin care routines.
- Fit wigs and hairpieces.
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Wipe off makeup and reapply if client is unsatisfied.
- Maintain awareness of health and safety issues and legislation.
HOW TO APPLY
- Take a face and body picture and send a YouTube link video where you describe yourself.
- Send pictures of makeup done for clients.
- Outline steps to follow in applying makeup .
- What advice or recommendation will you give to a client who insists on a particular type of makeup style which you think has side effects?
- In a situation where a client shows you a picture of a particular style of makeup as what she wants, assuming it’s something you haven’t done before, what will be your best response to the client?
- Certificate in makeup artistry.
- SSCE certificate.
- Ability to read and write English.
SALARY: 700GHC starting. Includes discounts on items purchased on www.auctionsghana.com